Is it time to move on to a new Pet preforms supplier?
Are you confused about whether you should change your PET preforms supplier? Are you worried about spoiling your relations with your vendor? Do you feel that although you are getting the best price you always face a lot of blowing rejections? Well, today I am going to give you 5 reasons when you should definitely change your PET Preforms Supplier.
Hi, my name is Rohit Agarwal and I am the owner of General PET Industries, Your Perfect Packaging Partner.
Over my 15 years of experience in manufacturing PET Preforms, we have helped over 50 blowers in maintaining their profitability by providing them with the right priced preforms. We have also educated them on when they should look for a new preform supplier.
5 reasons why you should change your PET Preforms supplier
- Change your preform supplier when you are continuously facing a lot of blowing rejections and the supplier is not making any effort on improving it – A lot of blowers buy preforms which are cheap although they are continuously facing blowing rejections. They take this part of their work as their suppliers keep replacing the rejections.
They don’t release their focus shifts in counting the rejections and getting them replaced rather than focusing on the thing they are meant to do i.e. growing their business.
- Change your supplier if your customer complains that there is a different taste in the water after the water is packed in the bottle – This means that AA has been released in the water from the bottle. This produces a foul smell in the water. The main reason for this is that the preform supplier is not using a dehumidifier. As a result of which the PET preforms get degraded during production.
- Change your supplier if he is not giving you the required quantity for which you have paid – As regards quantity there are two aspects. The first one is weight. This can be easily ascertained by weighing the bag. For example, if you have paid for 25 kgs then the net weight of the bag (after reducing the weight of the bag and the plastic inside it) should weigh 25 kg. The second is a number of pieces. For example, if you have bought an 18.5 gm preform the number of pieces you should get in a kg is 54. For this, you need to pick up a kg of the preform and actually count the number of pieces. If this is less that means that the preform supplier has some poor-quality moulds which do not give consistent grammage. Although this does not affect the PET preforms supplier, it will affect your profitability.
- Change your supplier if he is not following the agreed terms and conditions – One reason that you need to change your supplier is when he does not follow agreed terms and conditions. For long-term relations to get established it is essential that both sides follow the terms and condition that was agreed to at the time of purchase. These terms and conditions may be as to price, delivery date, and weight. If any of these conditions get violated without proper reasoning then it is time to change the supplier.
- Change your supplier if he is not able to supply you during the time of high demand/season –Most small suppliers reduce prices to lure customers during the offseason but are unable to supply in the high-demand seasons. They only supply at abnormal prices. This is a strong reason to change your supplier since others might already enter into a contract for most of the production and you may be left with no preforms or high-priced preforms. This is an important factor to consider.
If the above list has helped you decide on whether you should continue with your existing PET preforms supplier or not, I request you to please share this video with your fellow blowers and friends.
Also, we would love to hear about what you would like to hear in the next Blog.
For more information visit our Youtube Channel.